Pizza Delivery

PE_Wordle

Pizza Delivery 

State Standard: 1, 2, 3, 5
Equipment: 20 Hula Hoops, Several Gator-Skin Balls, & Cones (if needed) Grade: K-3
Purpose: Rolling, Running, & Cooperative Learning
Time: 15-25 Minutes
Organization: Students will sit around the middle circle while I explain the rules to the game.  Split the class up into 2 teams. 

• Pick 2 students to be the pizza delivery person before the games starts. 
  • In this game students are required to “roll” the gator-skin balls “pepperonis” across the gym floor to the hula-hoops “pizzas.” The students goal is to have the pepperoni stay inside the pizza (hula-hoops). 
  • If the ball stays in the hula-hoops the pizza delivery person brings that pizza (hula-hoop) up to me (teacher) and I put it on my cart. 
  • The game is over when one team gets all their pepperonis in the 10 pizzas. 

Rules: 

• No guarding or blocking the balls.
  • No touching a ball that is STILL rolling (Kindergarten does struggle with this). 
  • Variation: if Kindergarten students keep “touching” the balls that are rolling I just have the students rolling it back to the other team. 
Concerns: Be Careful when running around the gym and making sure students are fighting over the balls (learning how to share). 
This idea is from: Kris Smith, Physical Education Teacher, Sioux Falls School District, Sioux Falls, SD. 

About mrkirsch

Greetings from Garfield Elementary School! My name is Dan Kirsch. I teach Physical Education for students in grades K-5! Please read about what students are learning within our Physical Education program at Garfield!!